Bauche

Eugene Bauche became involved with motorized cultivation in 1910, specializing in vineyard equipment, and introduced the “Bino-tractor” in the early 1920s. This was a small, narrow three-wheeled machine designed for vineyard use. The two drive wheels were at the front, on either side of the engine, and a third smaller wheel was placed at the rear. This was controlled by handlebars or a steering wheel. The Bino-tractor could be either driven or pushed like a wheelbarrow. Two versions were offered – the 70 cm wide GL 1 and the 90 cm wide GL 2, both fitted with a 7 hp water-cooled Bauche engine. These were later fitted with 10/12 hp engines and became known as the GL 3 and GL 4. Bauche subsequently embarked upon the construction of a regular tractor, which was advertised as early as 1922. This machine was fitted with the same engine as the GL coupled to a two-speed gearbox, but was almost twice as heavy. It was priced at 13,500 Francs but construction seems to have been delayed. Bauche was still listed as a tractor manufacturer in 1933.

(Click on images below to enlarge)



Bauche at the Musee Maurice Dufresne, Azay-le-Rideau, France in 2007.

 


TOP       BACK       HOME
Copyright © 2006-2017 David Parfitt. All rights reserved.