Chapron

Chapron were already established as a manufacturer of wine-making equipment, ploughs and cultivators, when they turned to building tractors in the 1920s. Their first offering, the Chapron motor plough with automatic lift system was produced in two versions the 10/15 hp Model D and 15/20 hp Model E, both with four-cylinder engines. A front-mounted PTO with a pulley was available from 1922. Several other incarnations of the Chapron appeared during the 1920s, most notably a tricycle version with chain steering.

(Click on images below to enlarge)



Chapron motor plough at the Musee Maurice Dufresne, Azay-le-Rideau, France in 2007.



Chapron (tricycle version) at the Musee Maurice Dufresne, Azay-le-Rideau, France in 2007.

 


TOP       BACK       HOME
Copyright 2006-2017 David Parfitt. All rights reserved.