Chase

The Chase Motor Truck Co. was based in Syracuse, New York. It produced a number of gasoline-powered rollers in the early 1900s, and their design no doubt influenced the subsequent Chase tractors. The first tractor was produced in 1909 and rated as an 8-16 hp machine, later re-rated to 9-18 hp. In 1919, the company was renamed Chase Tractors Corporation Ltd. and split into two branches, one based at Toronto, Ontario and the other at Milwaukee, Wisconsin. An improved version of the 9-18 model, uprated to 12-25 hp, was introduced shortly afterwards but met with little success, and the company ceased tractor production in 1921.

(Click on images below to enlarge)



Chase 12-25 (serial no. 1032) at the Country Heritage Park, Milton, Ontario, Canada in 2004.

 


TOP       BACK       HOME
Copyright 2006-2017 David Parfitt. All rights reserved.