Crawley

The Crawley brothers of Saffron Walden, Essex designed their first motor plough around 1913, and three of these were built by Garretts of Leiston, Suffolk over the next few years. The Crawleys subsequently opened their own factory, and this remained in operation for around a decade, during which time it produced a series of motor ploughs and the three-wheeled 'Agrimotor'.

(Click on images below to enlarge)



Crawley Agrimotor (serial no. 178, built 1917) at the Little Casterton Working Weekend, Lincolnshire (UK) in 2012.



Crawley Agrimotor (serial no. 234, built 1920) in tractor form at the Little Casterton Working Weekend, Lincolnshire, England in 2007...


...and the same machine in motor plough form at Carrington Rally, Lincolnshire, England in 2009.

 


TOP       BACK       HOME
Copyright 2006-2017 David Parfitt. All rights reserved.