Frick

The Frick Co. of Waynesboro, Pennsylvania was founded in 1853 by George Frick, and soon gained a strong reputation based on its threshing machines and "Eclipse" range of steam traction engines. Frick began to sell tractors manufactured by the Ohio Tractor Co. of Columbus, Ohio in 1913, but also started development of their own tractor at the same time. This bore fruit in around 1918, when the 12-25 was added to the product line, followed soon after in 1921 by a larger 15-28 model. The 12-25 featured a four-cylinder Erd engine, whereas the 15-28 used a Beaver power unit. These tractors bore a strong resemblance to the Huber Light Four and Super Four, which were introduced at around the same time. Frick ended tractor production at the end of the 1920s, but continued to sell tractors built by the Minneapolis Threshing Machine company for a few years afterwards.

(Click on images below to enlarge)



Frick Model A 12-25 (serial no. 788) at Pioneer Village, Minden, Nebraska, USA in 2011.



Frick Model C 15-28 at Western Minnesota Steam Threshers Reunion, Rollag, Minnesota, USA in 2011.

 


TOP       BACK       HOME
Copyright 2006-2017 David Parfitt. All rights reserved.