Nilson

The Nilson Agricultural Machine Company was formed in March 1913 at Minneapolis, Minnesota. Shortly afterwards they changed their name to the Nilson Farm Machine Company. Their first tractor, a three-wheeled design with a single rear drive wheel, was introduced in 1915 and became known as the Nilson "Senior" 20-40hp. In 1916 the firm, now known as the Nilson Tractor Company, moved its operations to Waukesha, Wisconsin and a year later the Nilson "Senior" was joined by the "Junior" 15-30hp model with the same basic design. Both tractors seem to have been offered until the company ceased operations in 1929.

(Click on images below to enlarge)



Nilson Junior at the Pioneer Power Show, Le Sueur, Minnesota, USA in 2011.

 


TOP       BACK       HOME
Copyright 2006-2017 David Parfitt. All rights reserved.