Schneider

The Rochet-Schneider company of Lyon was formed in 1894 by Edouard Rochet and Theophile Schneider to produce high-quality automobiles, and by the turn of the century they had established a reputation as one of the most respected automobile manufacturers in France. However, subsequent financial difficulties saw Schneider buy the company in 1907 and rename it Th. Schneider, based at Fontaine-d'Argent, Besancon in eastern France. Schneider continued to produce a range of cars and commercial vehicles, but in the 1920s he also began to build lightweight crawler tractors. Three models were offered in different widths - the N11, N11F and E2 - but all featured a four-cylinder petrol engine with a 22-35 hp rating. The range was enlarged by the addition of the little MO3, and in the 1930s a number of diesel-engined crawlers were introduced. The Second World War brought an end to Schneider tractor production.

(Click on images below to enlarge)



Schneider at the HMT Show, Panningen, Netherlands in 2005.



Schneider at the Musee Maurice Dufresne, Azay-le-Rideau, France in 2007.



Schneider at Carrington Rally, Lincolnshire, England in 2008.

 


TOP       BACK       HOME
Copyright 2006-2017 David Parfitt. All rights reserved.