Turner

Leland M. Turner established his reputation with the "Simplicity" range of farm engines, which were built by the Turner Manufacturing Co. of Port Washington, Wisconsin. In 1915 he introducing the Turner "Simplicity" tractor, a 12-20 hp machine that used a Waukesha engine; this was followed in 1919 by a 14-25 hp model featuring a Buda power unit, by which time the company had already gone into administration. Although the company continued in various forms until 1965, when it was sold to Allis-Chalmers, tractor production ended around 1920.

(Click on images below to enlarge)



Turner "Simplicity" 12-20 hp (serial no. 173) photographed in a private collection in the UK in 2013.

 


TOP       BACK       HOME
Copyright 2006-2017 David Parfitt. All rights reserved.